A car wreck can derail your future. Whether this is a permanent detour or a temporary one is determined by the severity of the injuries you suffer when this happens. You may have the option of seeking compensation for the damages related to the crash. This is the case if you were struck by another driver who was being negligent.

In order to ensure that you are seeking adequate compensation, you should understand some of the types of damages that you might be able to ask for. You have to look at the circumstances of the wreck to determine which ones apply to your case.

For most people, there are two categories of damages that will apply. These are the medical bills and wage replacement. Oftentimes, these are the two most costly categories that people will have to file. Some people are able to ask for an award based on their pain and suffering.

Sometimes, the victim’s spouse will seek compensation for the loss of companionship. This category is dependent upon you being able to claim damages for the injuries themselves. This is often referred to as “loss of consortium” in personal injury cases. This type of compensation depends largely on the conditions of the marriage and how the injuries affected those.

Putting together a case for compensation can be a challenge. You have to be able to tie the compensation to the impacts of the injury. The injury has to be tied to the accident, and the accident must have been the fault of at least one person who is named as a defendant.

CALL 212-818-0600

Contact Us For A Free Consultation